Tuesday, May 25, 2010

First the Conversation...Then an Idea...

Josh and I were leaving Webb's Windsor Pub and I was telling him about something I'm going to do (which will be disclosed in a later blog) and he laughed at me. I asked, "What?" and he said, "Nothing. I just think it's weird." I asked him if it would bother him and his response was, "No. There are a lot of things that you do that I think are weird. None of them bother me."

My jaw dropped in an awkward "I can't believe you said that!" smile. Instead I asked, "What do I do that you think is weird?" On que, without missing a beat he said, "Eat cheese." Then continued to mention read and crochet.

It was my turn to laugh. I said if he lumped my future act in with those other "weird" things then I wasn't too worried about it...

So, that is where this began. I shared this story with a co-worker of mine yesterday.

Today, my co-worker said she would like to take line dancing lessons. I said if she found a class that was on a night that worked, I would take them with her. I said it would be something I could add to the list of things that I do that Josh thinks are weird.

And then it hit me...I'm really going to make "A List" And then....I'm going to purposefully try to find things to put on the list!

And then the next part of the idea hit me! I'll blog about it! And blogging about it would in itself become the next thing on the list of things I do that Josh thinks is weird.

I've been wanting to find a way to exercise my creative writing and have been trying to find a new "project". I hope this becomes a fun and amusing adventure. And I'm hoping others participate by commenting, including posts regarding what weird things they or their significant other's do.

Stay tuned for the list ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment